How 100+ Women Who Care Des Moines Meetings Work
Meeting format can vary from chapter to chapter. The Des Moines organization follows the format and rules below:
- The names of three members interested in presenting are drawn at random. The selected members will present on the charity/non-profit/worthy cause of their choice.
- Each presenter gets 5 minutes to speak and then 5 minutes to answer follow-up questions from audience members.
- After presentations conclude, the group at large will vote by silent ballot.
- The event winner is selected by majority rules. Although it may not be your first choice, you are still obligated to donate.
- For your tax purposes, all checks will be made out to the event winner. If you are unable to attend, give your check to a member to deliver on your behalf. The charity/non-profit/worthy cause must agree to NOT use the donors’ names for future solicitations or give the information out to the public.
- Members are encouraged to stay for dinner at our fabulous host venue, Centro! Reservations can be made by calling 515-248-1780.